For the right patients, All-on-4® dental implants can restore an entire arch of missing teeth in a quick and cost-effective manner compared to traditional dental implants. At our Meridian, MS, practice, Dr. J. Eric Herrington offers this advanced treatment option and oral conscious and intravenous (IV) sedation to ensure patients remain comfortable throughout the procedure. Although many general dentists offer this treatment, choosing a board-certified periodontist like Dr. Herrington will further minimize your already low risk of complications.
A More Conservative Option
The All-on-4 concept allows for full-arch teeth replacement using only four implants. This technique is especially beneficial for patients currently wearing traditional dentures, as the implants add stability to the restoration, preventing shifting and slipping.
Unlike standard dental implants, All-on-4 implants are often an option for patients who have experienced bone degeneration, which occurs following tooth loss. This revolutionary treatment is often recommended for patients who did not previously qualify for treatment or would otherwise require a bone graft. All-on-4 implants can significantly improve the health and function of your bite, drastically enhancing your quality of life.
The All-on-4 Treatment Process
In contrast to traditional dental implants which are always positioned vertically in the jawbone, All-on-4 implants are placed at an angle to maximize your existing bone density. During a surgical procedure, two implants are positioned vertically in the front of the jaw, and two implants are placed at an angle in the back of the jaw. In most cases, a temporary restoration can be connected to the implants on the same day, providing patients with full function as soon as they leave our office. This procedure is often performed under sedation for the comfort of our patients. Sedation options will be discussed with you during your initial consultation with Dr. Herrington.
In most cases, a temporary restoration can be connected to the implants on the same day, providing patients with full function as soon as they leave our office.
Your implants will continue to heal for approximately three to six months. During this time, osseointegration will occur, a process in which the bone fuses to the implants for optimal stability. Once the healing period is complete, your temporary restoration will be replaced with a fixed final prosthesis.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
Patients who choose All-on-4 dental implants can enjoy numerous benefits:
- Non-Removable: Because All-on-4 implants are restored with a fixed prosthesis, you can function like you did with natural teeth.
- Improved Stability: The All-on-4 implants are directly connected to your restoration so there is no movement or shifting, as there is with a conventional denture.
- More Affordable: This treatment method is often more cost-effective than standard implants, since only four implants are required. A full-arch replacement using standard implants typically requires six to eight posts.
- No Bone Grafting: Because the All-on-4 technique maximizes the existing jaw structure, preparatory bone grafting is not necessary for the majority of patients.
- Faster Treatment Time: Most patients can have their implants restored on the same day as surgery, reducing the need for multiple appointments.
- Long-Lasting Results: Dental implants are known for their exceptional durability. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Improved Oral Health: Implants stimulate the jawbone to promote bone growth and prevent the atrophy which results from tooth loss.
Simply put, All-on-4 dental implants offer a stable and incredibly lifelike result. In addition to enjoying improved aesthetics, you will also be able to speak and eat with complete confidence.
Choose Unparalleled Stability
If you are currently wearing a traditional denture, All-on-4 dental implants could be the optimal solution for you. To find out more about your teeth replacement options, schedule a consultation with Dr. Herrington. You can contact us online or call our office at (601) 482-6938.